I spoke too soon about the much-anticipated return of fall. After a hot and humid day yesterday, in which I bitterly regretted that I’d returned my fan to the living room and also only had thick winter blankets on my bed, it poured. The sound and chill woke me up in the middle of the night. I do love the drumming sound of rain—it makes inside so much cozier!—but not when I have to go somewhere. Today was okay, though cloudy still. Honestly, where are the bright and beautiful days I remember? Is it all in my head? Do I romanticize the past that much?
I finally found the path to Geumjisa Temple today. However, I did not find the temple itself. I walked up this lonely winding mountain road, amid the full branches of the chestnut trees, until I reached a trail junction of sorts. The signpost said I was at the temple. There was nothing there but a road and what masqueraded as an intersecting trail (I walked a bit up it…you’d need some patience and perhaps an ax to get through). Another mystery to unravel.