Thursday, December 13, 2007

Electronic-Induced Impatience

My computer has been agonizingly slow lately. At first I thought perhaps I had acquired a virus—after all, I’ve been without virus detection software for a year now. But no—a long-overdue scan yielded nothing. I’ve deleted files, clearing up a third of the computer’s memory. Nothing. It’s so frustrating—I can’t even watch yoga, because the video runs very slowly and the sound jumps. How am I supposed to keep in shape in the winter now? I’m beginning to think my computer is dying, as all electronics that pass through my hands do. Which may not be a horrible thing, as I’m trying to simplify my life and I’m not sure how I’d bring it home, anyway. But for now, when I’m trying to conduct research, watch yoga, and engage in Korean culture (via dramas!), a slow computer is not ideal. So I’m turning you off for today, little friend. You win.