Today I taught my second and final lesson for Camp Fulbright. It went a lot better than my lesson last week, so I was very pleased to go out on a good note. This time, I worked with low advanced kids who were surprisingly good at English and taught them how to identify and use similes, metaphors, and personification. Pretty fun, I know. I actually like that kind of stuff, though. They came up with some great material when I had them describe nature pictures I passed out. "Cotton candy clouds," "trees dancing in the wind," "leaves of gold and brown, like a bruised banana," and "a small bare mountain with only a few tree stumps, like a bald man" were a few of my favs. I was really impressed with their ability to understand my lesson and apply it that well. Too bad I'm going to be teaching kids who can maybe say hello in English for the next year!
I was actually thinking today that it's a good thing I've always been an independent person, because I am going to have a LOT of alone time while I'm here. I doubt I'll be able to communicate well with anyone either in my homestay or my school and I'm not necessarily close to any other ETAs, so I'm going to have to entertain myself, silently. It sounds nice now, but I wonder if I will go crazy in a while. Good thing I practiced long stretches of solitude last year at Pomona--it won't be so foreign!
Today I also had a really rough TKD practice. I had been disappointed in the first week because it wasn't as physically demanding as I had wanted, but the pace is definitely picking up. We did at least 500 kicks today!! I'll be sore in the morning, I am sure.
Otherwise, things are mostly the same in Chuncheon--cloudy, spicy, and fishy!