Monday, July 31, 2006

Weekend Chillaxin'-Sunday, July 30

Today I spent most of the day doing...nothing. I was recovering from last night's adventures, during which I consumed a little too much Hite (a brand of beer that comes in plastic liter bottles). Bianca (my roomie) and I sat outside of a convenience store and talked and drank beer for a while until we saw other people from our group. We are getting along so well together! I am really glad she is my roommate. I don't think I could have picked a better one. We all then went to Johnny's, an American-style bar, together. Here are some pictures of the group:














It was really fun and I had a good time, but I did not feel well this morning. I had made plans to go on a hike to some waterfalls nearby, but I decided to sleep instead.

Bianca and I went out for a leisurely mid-afternoon lunch and later got some more kiwi papingsu. It is soooo delicious...my new favorite dessert. Koreans tend to eat quickly and without speaking as a general rule, which I find rather odd and still can't get used to. At each of our meals, in contrast, Bianca and I lingered for a long time. It was great to talk to her and procrastinate my studies.

I have been studying all night for my weekly Korean quiz tomorrow morning. I am not too worried about it, though. I also have to teach low advanced campers in the afternoon, and I'm nervous about my lesson. At least I'll be done with Camp Fulbright stuff after tomorrow!