Yeah, that’s right…today I took a little excursion to a Korean movie set. Almost all of the teachers went, in place of playing volleyball. It wasn’t really that exciting to me, because I know nothing of the stars or the movie, but it does look like it could be a cool movie. It deals with royal drama and intrigue during the demise of the Baekje Kingdom 1300 years ago, during its war with Silla (now the southeastern part of the peninsula. I’ll have to check it out when it comes out. And of course, we ate while we were there…some lovely Korean pancake. I had one all to myself without meat and it was delish, though sometimes I do hate the special treatment. I wonder if anyone will start to resent me because of it.
The rest of the school day was pretty much uneventful. I taught four okay classes in the morning and the teachers’ workshop in the afternoon. In between, I enjoyed an old favorite, bibimbap, and played some badminton. The sixth grade teacher (also the badminton teacher) always has me play against this one small boy, and I wonder why. I will have to ask him sometime. I don’ think he’s the best in the class, and he doesn’t like me best….maybe it’s a punishment? I don’t know...I guess he gets to play the whole period this way, but I wonder why he is always my victim. I will have to ask. I really want to beat him someday. We are getting to be closely matched, as my badminton skills are growing exponentially. I am lovin’ badminton for sure!
This evening, I spent some time with Ye Eun and Eun Ho and it was pretty fun. Eun Ho has been peeking into my room every so often for the last week or so, and I finally motioned him in tonight. He usually scampers away before I have a chance to talk to him, but tonight he didn’t. We looked at some of my pictures together, and took some more, and Ye Eun even joined us! Then, I whipped Skip-Bo out of my bag of goodies and it was a hit! I hope they liked playing it, ‘cause you know I love it!