Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Deterioration of School Relations?--Wednesday, October 25

I don’t know what it is about Wednesdays, but they just haven’t been good in recent memory. Take today, for example. I was told about 10 minutes before my first class that all of my morning classes would be canceled due to testing. I mean, that’s fine, but it would have been nice to know earlier this week, when I was busting my ass to prepare things, or even this morning before I bothered to come! I know everyone’s busy, but it would literally take five seconds to tell me. It’s just thoughtless, I think. Just goes to show that they don’t really consider me a teacher, I guess. So I stuck around all morning, thinking I could get ahead of the game. I was thinking about going home, but felt bad about doing so when everyone else was clearly working hard. And I had the teachers’ workshop in the afternoon…or so I thought, until absolutely no one showed up! Oh, I could kill my co-teacher! He told me it was on! And instead, everyone else was downstairs, having birthday cake, and didn’t even invite me! They’d completely forgotten about the class, too. Maybe I’m doing something wrong where I haven’t been invited to all this nonsense lately. Maybe they hate me after all. It really seems like everyone has been busier than usual for the past couple weeks, and I have a feeling that’s at the root of it. I am still irritated, though, because even though I sometimes use busy as an excuse, it’s definitely a feeble one in my mind. And here, it’s the excuse for everything. I mean, sure, you’re busy, but am I so insignificant that you can’t take one second out of your day to let me know that I’m not needed at school? Or that there’s cake? I’m still a little angry about it all. This is exactly what I was warned about, and I am sooooooooooo not impressed. I want to say something about it to my co-teacher, but I’m not sure how to phrase it so it doesn’t come out as a whiny complaint. Then again, maybe I DO want to complain to that absent jerk. He’s definitely totally abandoned me. I think we’ve exchanged maybe ten sentences in the last week. I am fine on my own for the most part, except when they do all this schedule maneuvering and don’t bother to inform me in any way!!!!!! AAARGH!

Oh, and in other news, I Bin told me I have a big stomach today. Thanks, dear. I wanted to punch her in the face (even though my shoulder would protest in agony).