So here I sit at school, waiting for my fifth and sixth graders to show up for our Friday afternoon class. It's really not fun to work until 5 pm on Fridays, and I'm sure they feel the same way. Who came up with this schedule, anyway??? Sheesh.
Today is just one of those days you try to get through...not bad, but definitely not good. It's definitely winter here now and that's okay for now, but when I remember that this is not just a cold snap but will last until April or so, it's enough to depress me. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through an entire winter, and it hasn't even snowed yet! On the positive side, my classroom is heated and I am actually much too hot in it most of the time. I heard horror stories about unheated Korean schools at Orientation, but I guess I lucked out. I'd do without the heat some of the time, but the kids are such wimps! The other teachers, too...I thought they'd be more into saving power, but clearly not. I'm usually very warm at home, too. We even have a heater at TKD now! I certainly won't freeze to death this winter, but the chill does cut down my outdoors time and that makes me sad. I am just a summer gal.
I found out my winter schedule this afternoon and while it's not ideal, I suppose I will live. They didn't notify me about my winter class until after the deadline, which was annoying but not a huge deal. I was hoping I'd lucked out and would have a nice long vacation, but no! I will earn some money, at least, and they are being really nice about working around my schedule. Unfortunately, that means right now that I get three days off for Christmas and am back at work on the 26th. I get another three-day weekend for New Year's and then I have to work two extra days the week after. I almost wish I just started in January so I could have some real time off, but I suppose this way I will get it over with quicker and will be able to leave as planned. This does set my schedule with Bianca back a bit and it looks like we might be traveling for our birthdays instead of beachin it, but that's all right. We'll survive...I mean, it's going to be an equatorial fruitopia!
Tonight I'm heading up to Seoul to meet with the peeps. We're all going to be there to celebrate Thanksgiving at the ambassador's house. It should be a good time. I am looking forward to it, but traveling is such a hassle sometimes. There's so much I have to get through before I'm even there that I'm tired just thinking about it. But hey...at least I'm close enough to the big city so I can get away for the weekend! There's much to be thankful for right now!