Yet another day of rain. I planned my trip home to MISS rain, but the weather is not cooperating. It’s awfully hard to do anything outside when it’s raining buckets and you can never tell when the next wave will hit! (Now, for example, I can hear it pouring again…) I miss hiking! The good news is that I’ve found a yoga program online that I like. The instructor does mainly Kundalini yoga, which I enjoy because it emphasizes the mental through meditation, while also creating a more rigorous physical workout, with strength-building sets. Still, I’d rather be outside, for the most part, especially since I will not have afternoons free much anymore starting next week. Sigh.
The other good news is that my trip to Taiwan next month is coming together. It was relatively painless to secure the days off, surprisingly, and now it looks like three friends will be joining me: Susie and Nika from Korea, and Caitie from the U.S. I’m really excited to see Caitie, since we haven’t seen each other since July 2006 and we’ve had trouble keeping touch in the interval. The time difference does make things that much more difficult. The only snag at the moment is the fact that I haven’t yet received a flight confirmation. I’m hoping this won’t translate to a rise in the ticket price, but even if it does, I can hardly complain. I have more vacation than I know what to do with.