Ok, so the plans I had carefully laid out last night were definitely shattered. It always amuses me when I think I'm going to bed early and then usually end up staying up even later than usual. I think the last time I went to bed early was the day I got here, when I was so jet-lagged I could not even function.
Dinner last night was really nice. We went out to dakalbi, which is a grilled chicken dish Chuncheon is famous for. There were 25 of us plus the Grandmaster and his assistant who taught us for a couple weeks. I think I talked about dakalbi before, but in case I didn't, it is usually made up of chicken, cabbage, potatoes, thick rice noodles called dak, lettuce, and sometimes onion and is smothered in a spicy red sauce and cooked on a platter in the middle of the table. Since everything had been arranged beforehand, I wasn't able to get a vegetarian dish, so I had to eat around the chicken. I definitely bit into a piece at one point and I am sure I accidentally ate some fat disguised as cabbage. Oh, well--it was delicious anyway. If anyone comes to visit me, we will definitely eat this!! We also had fried rice and another rice noodle dish afterwards. Oh, I'm hungry just thinking about it!
After dinner, the Grandmaster was intent on taking us out drinking and to a norebang. It was an interesting experience. We were in three separate rooms since there were so many of us. I was in a room with the assistant, who we affectionately call Grandmaster Flash (because he is so quick) or Rabbit (since he has inhuman jumping abilities which he expected us to imitate while under his guidance). I think he was bored most of the time, since he doesn't speak English really at all and definitely did not know the songs we picked out, but he sang a few Korean songs and they were really good!
After this, we walked home and I somehow ended up at good ol' GS mart, where I sat and drank for a couple hours. And on the way home was where it happened...somehow this dude gave us a full frontal. I cannot decide if he was really drunk and trying to look for someplace to pee or if it was an aggressive maneuver, but it was really disturbing and I was actually frightened. We were off the main road at the time and he had already walked by once. We went and hid behind some trees and then ran to the main road when he left. I have no idea what he was doing at the university. It was much too much. And then, to top it off, I didn't get to bed until 1 or 2!!