Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Fat Feet--Monday, August 7


The big news for today is that I completely messed up my feet. They've been hurting for a few weeks due to running barefoot on a hard surface in TKD, and all my walking and dancing this weekend must have pushed them over the edge. I first noticed it last night when I was going to bed because my Crocs felt tighter on my feet than usual. I have a serious case of cankles and I am so upset I am missing out on my last week of TKD and all my morning walks! Argh! I included a picture of my disgusting feet so you can see what I am talking about. Both are a bit swollen, but the left one basically requires its own zip code. I am actually frightened I have messed up my body, but I am too afraid to go to the doctor to get it checked out because a) I hate going to the doc and b) I think they are grossly incompetent here. If my previous experience is any indication, they will probably diagnose me with a broken arm or something and prescribe vitamin C and Tylenol. And I'm only sort of joking.

We are immersed in the last week of Korean class--yay!! I am so burnt out on intense language study. It cannot be over soon enough. We have one more day of class tomorrow, a 4 hour test on Wednesday, 3 minute speeches on travel on Thursday, and then a graduation ceremony on Friday. It's going to be painful, but at least I will be done in less than 3 days!! And that night, I think all our teachers are going to take us out to the norebang, which should be interesting...