Monday, April 30, 2007

Seein' Blue--Monday, April 30

I woke up feeling tired and sick. I suppose it was all the wildness from the weekend—all the sugar, drinks, irregular eating, lethargy, staying up late, and sleeping in really messed with my internal balance and left me reeling now. I’ve gotta learn to treat my body well! I’m not sure if this heightened sensitivity to change is just age catching up to me or if I am just more aware of the phenomenon now, but either way, “relaxation” can be painful for me if it’s too extreme. And I suppose it doesn’t help that I have trouble relaxing, anyway. I always gotta be doing something…just hanging out makes me restless and frustrated. This past weekend was perhaps a little trying in that respect—we really didn’t DO anything—but I tried to not let it get to me too much.

Today was really a boring day. I taught two classes and neither went really well, unfortunately. I am now teaching the third and fourth grade club class on Monday afternoons (cutting into my samulnori, darn it!), so I had a bunch of new students today. I’m not really sure why we’re starting the “real” classes so late—it’s the tenth week of the semester already—but it’s not really my place to question. As with everything. Even though it was not a great day performance-wise, I still got a lot of work done (yes, making flashcards) and I feel good about what I did do. At least I know now yet another thing NOT to do!

I went to TKD in the afternoon. We did relay races and I had to face off against the boy I am most in love with in the class. He is so sweet and small and has the nicest smile. It was pretty humbling that we were basically neck and neck, but I console myself with the knowledge that I would kill him at longer distances. These legs just don’t move fast enough! The first few times, this boy would get so excited about racing me he would come over to my line while the people in front of us were racing, lead me five inches directly up to the starting point, and say “Race here.” And then afterwards, he would always come over and tell me “Good job!” Toooo cute. And at the end, as I predicted, the master had me do my 5th form test (which I was supposed to do on Friday with everyone else, but I skipped J). I sorta forgot about the possibility of this occurring, and I also forgot the form itself so he had to help me a few times (humiliating…this has NEVER happened before!), but he said I did okay and so I think I am a blue belt now! Finally!