I’m sitting on my undol floor, sipping tea and gnawing on red bean bread while simultaneously typing and popping my ears. Occasionally I AM capable of multi-tasking! I seem to have caught a cold which has manifested itself in stuffy ears and a sore throat. Guess I should have gone hiking in the rain last weekend after all…seems I would have gotten sick, anyway. Or maybe this is a result of the little rain walk I did do that day…regardless, I’m none too happy about this sickness. How am I supposed to repulse student attack when I’m miserable? I usually opt for the sympathy card…or in the madness of the day, I forget my physical ills. Today was one of the latter, but it was hardly a challenging day. Just the fourth-graders and about 20 minutes of listen-and-repeat classroom English for the teachers. I’m going to be sad to say goodbye to my leisurely Wednesday mornings come April, when I have to start with the wee first graders.
Spring weather has rolled in this week in the form of threatening clouds, wind, and spots of sunshine. While it threatens my hiking career, it does provide a volleyball alibi and for that I am thankful. I snuck home to do yoga today instead. My body and mind are much happier this way.