Here I am again, sitting at school in the dark. I have to teach the other teachers today and I am nervous. I really don’t like to teach adults, especially adults I don’t know well, and especially adults I don’t know who hate to speak English. I hope it’s so disastrous they never come back. Then I can have my Wednesdays back.
I feel emotionless today. I’m tired and it’s grey out and this probably accounts for some of it, and yet…I feel that I’m just killing time here. I’m not busy and I guess I’m a little bored. I was reading about China this morning (I have two free periods because I don’t teach first grade yet) and I suddenly just want to GO. I’m tired of teaching, I’m tired of living weekend-to-weekend, I’m tired of manufacturing ways to kill my free time. I want to do something else, but I’m stuck here for up to four more months (unless I can opt out of my contract early…I have my fingers crossed!). I don’t know what I’d do if I didn’t at least have visitors to look forward to.