The teachers didn’t show up for class today, so it was automatically a stupendous day. Hopefully we’ve gotten out of the routine now, with one week off (last week was a holiday)…or they’re too busy. I found an online book I think I’ll use with them, but still…I’d rather not do it. I much prefer informal chats of the type I enjoy with Son Jeong Wu (the fifth-grade teacher—I found out his name today). He came in after lunch, presented me with an egg I may treasure forever, and we discussed music—meaning, he sang random tunes and I identified them. It was great! Turns out he is not only a fan of Mariah Carey’s “Can’t Live (If Living is Without You)” but also Bryan Adams’ “Everything I Do.” I love both of these songs. I think we will be good friends.
However, the afternoon was scarred by an encounter with my deranged stalker. I was walking home on a backcountry road when he drove by and stopped. I felt bad about my rudeness last time, so I stopped, but evidently I wasn’t rude enough because the second, third, fourth, and fifth things out of his mouth were “I love you,” followed by “I want to marriage with you.” I told him that I don’t love him and in desperation that I have a boyfriend, to which he replied that he could be my Korean lover. I am normally not theatrical but maybe I have been spending too much time with youngsters—I couldn’t help but make gagging faces the whole way home (once I managed to escape). SERIOUSLY…what a psycho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!