Today I feel incredibly lazy. I could not even bring myself to go on a walk today after school. Part of it was the heat—since it was overcast and moderately cool today, I didn’t turn the AC on and I was tired of sweating by then. And mostly I’m just lazy. I can’t bring myself to study Korean, either. Instead, I am surfin’ the net for TV. Pathetic, yes, but I gotta fill the hours somehow, and work is not an option. I know I should, but…Entropy, man. It sets in and paralyzes you. I’m even seriously considering not going to Busan this weekend, which I’ve been planning to do for months now. A bunch of my friends are getting together to hang out and it will probably be the last time I really see many of them. But it’s so far, and I’m not at all sure I’d be able to get there. The trains look pretty sold out. Also, it’s going to rain. These seem to be clear signs that I should stay glued to my computer this weekend.
To redeem myself, I did actually work hard at school today. My threats worked and I had few problems with my third-graders. Two of them did have to stay and clean…I hope they spread the word on how horrible it is. I have to admit that I enjoyed it. One of them had the audacity to ask me for candy afterwards. This was a punishment, not something to be done for rewards! I don’t know what he was thinking…I think I’ve only given out candy for helping me once or twice. I’d rather not have kids helping me (they’re usually not much help, anyway) if it’s just for candy. I stayed late today and got almost all my lessons for next week figured out. And after that, I only have one more week to go! How strange…