Halfway done with the week. And only two weeks left after this! Whoa…I was thinking it was three. Where has all the time gone??? I don’t know if I’m ready to pack it all up and switch countries again, but I’ll have to get it all together soon. According to my latest flight itinerary, I have less than 19 days left in Korea!
I yelled at students for the first time today. I really haven’t yelled in a long time—I rely on ice, rather than volume, to convey anger/disdain/disappointment, generally, though I used to be the queen of the scream. I didn’t even lose my temper today…there was just nothing else to do. They wouldn’t listen to a single word I said. It was so frustrating…I’d just had my first graders, a whole year younger (and a year means a lot at that age) and we’d whipped through two lessons in less than one period. And here I was with second grade, unable to teach a single thing. So I yelled, hoping to scare them, but they thought it was funny instead. I’ll show them funny come Friday, when I start keeping them after class to clean up. Oh, it brings glee to my heart to think of my revenge! If only I’d thought of it earlier…