Monday, June 18, 2007
Malevolent Monday
Monday kills me every week. It’s too long. I feel drained. I always end up baby-sitting for at least an hour in the afternoon as everyone tries to destroy the library and it is far from fun. I am sick of telling 10 and 11 year olds who clearly know better that no, they cannot climb around the room like monkeys and scream like hooligans. I would just ignore it, but I do feel slightly responsible for the state of the room. And then if they’re not doing that, they’re bothering me, slobbering in my water and asking questions and trying to steal things from me and generally being nuisances. At the end of the afternoon I want to die. But I have to then teach 18 of the wilder ones English, which they are determined to NOT learn. I hate Mondays. At least I only have one class tomorrow—I was informed one would be canceled because we’re having a big celebration for the opening of the new school cafeteria. (We’ve been ordering food through a food service, I believe, and eating in the auditorium all semester, and for the past couple days we’ve had to pack lunches.) I’m not sure why this celebration will take over two hours, but I’m sure not gonna argue.